CRUICK WATER photos
Mill of Cruick, near Menmuir, Angus This mill is dated 1736, but it is unlikely that much if any of the present fabric is as early as that.The mill is now used as a barn.
Reference Map 4
The mill is on an L-plan, and is externally complete, though it has lost all its machinery except the skeleton of its internal low-breast wheel.
This view shows the frame of the unusually narrow mid-breast paddle wheel which powered the mill. The frame is of all-iron construction. The sockets for the pegs supporting the paddles can be seen in the rims.
Mill of Blackhall. There is a date stone of 1686 on the mill, but it is thought parts of the building may be even older as records show there was a mill as early as 1608.
Reference Map 5
Rear of Mill of Blackhall.
The mill has been converted for housing and was recently sold. CLICK the button for details.
Bridge south of Afflochie farm road end, looking downstream.
Reference Map 11
Looking downstream from the bridge south of Afflochie farm road end.
Part of the Afflochie / Auchnacree road can be seen to the right in the picture.